Eagle Rock School has a dual curriculum: Academic and Personal Growth (PG). Our PG curriculum is led by our Health and Wellness Team and grounded in the following CASEL competencies.
1. Self Awareness - The ability to accurately recognize one’s emotions and thoughts and their influence on behavior.
2. Self Management - The ability to regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors effectively in different situations.
3. Social Awareness - The ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others from diverse backgrounds and cultures, to understand social and ethical norms for behavior, and to recognize family, school, and community resources and supports.
4. Relationship Skills - The ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
5. Responsible Decision Making - The ability to make constructive and respectful choices about personal behavior and social interactions.
In addition to structured skill building sessions, we also integrate social and emotional learning (SEL) throughout our courses and programming. Throughout each student’s Eagle Rock journey, consistent support for personal growth is integrated into weekly PG groups, events, ceremonies, advisories, Wellness Week, and academic classes.